Hello, so you love porridge as much as I do! Yeh Girl.
I cannot go past my Ugly Delicious Choc Porridge for breakfast at the moment. Most of these ingredients are perfect for warming your postpartum bellies, nourishing feeding mamas and warding off those pesky winter colds!
It's so versatile. You can load it with so many different things and cater to all the picky eaters! #Mumhack I grill a range of fruits (bananas/ peach / pear) in coconut oil until they caramelise - mash up in the bottom of my daughter porridge bowl and mix through with the choc porridge. -Hiding veggies and fruit since 2018-
Ugly Delicious Choc Porridge (serves 3)
1 1/2 cups organic quick oats (fibre and galactagogue for feeding mamas)
3 cups milk of your choice (calcium and protein)
1 heaped tablespoon Gewurzhaus Cacao powder (antioxidant and magnesium)
1/2 heaped tablespoon Gewurzhaus cinnamon (warming, anti-inflammatory)
1 heaped tablespoon organic maca (hormone regulation)
2 heaped tablespoons organic flaxmeal (high in protein)
- Chia (antioxidant, omega-3, fibre)
- Nuts (protein and good fats)
- Pepitas (magnesium and vit K)
- Goji berry (antioxidant)
- Peanut butter (protein and good fats)
- Pure Maple Syrup (antioxidants, magnesium, zinc)
- Grilled banana / peaches / pear (fibre and natural sugars)
- All of the above!
Hey Mama, make sure you don't leave your porridge naked. Load it with lots of protein-packed ingredients otherwise you run the risk of spiking your blood glucose and you'll feel flat and more importantly, starving about 1 hour post breakfast. So load that bowl!
- Mix oats and milk of choice in a saucepan, stir well. Bring to the boil and simmer until oats are thick and creamy.
- Whilst cooking, grill fruit of your choice in coconut oil until caramelised.
- Once oats are cooked, stir in cacao, cinnamon, maca and flaxmeal.
- Top with grilled fruit and toppings. We do this feast style in our house and have everything on the breakfast table so everyone can choose their own porridge adventure! Great idea for including little ones and empowering choice.
Tag us in your Ugly Delicious porridge creations on Instagram @FillYourCup_ and let us know your favourite combination of toppings and what your kids are loving.
Love this? Sign up to get our FYC Village Newsletter (below) for exclusive FYC product discounts, new recipes, honest truths of Motherhood and tips on how we are keeping it all together!
Leave a comment (all fields required)